Internship @ aidha
aidha is an award-winning social enterprise committed to breaking the cycle of poverty through financial education. As the ‘world’s micro-business school’, aidha teaches women from the Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India and Myanmar who have come to work in Singapore as domestic workers. Our students learn how to manage their money and develop skills in business and entrepreneurship. aidha’s volunteer mentors teach students financial, technology, communications and business skills, so they can build a sustainable future for their families.
Internship program: The Internship Program at aidha provides students with invaluable professional experience, the chance to learn about our organisation and to contribute towards its mission. You’ll work across projects and teams in order to develop your research ability, build your leadership skills, foster a sense of cross-cultural intelligence, create an awareness of social issues, and gain first-hand insight into what it is like to work in a dynamic and fast-growing social enterprise.
The duration of the internship program is a minimum of 3 months and is supervised by the HR and Volunteer Manager. The Manager will provide the interns with the program outline, which will state specific projects/ tasks and will reflect the following areas:
Core Team Project
aidha’s Core Team is made up of professional individuals who take responsibility in their own area of expertise, such as marketing and outreach, communications, HR and volunteer management, fundraising, research, or IT. New interns will be assigned to the Core Team based on their background, experience and interests. Previous interns have worked with teams to plan fundraisers and graduation events, manage aidha’s social media presence, even to re-design aidha’s website.
Operations & Teaching
A dynamic social enterprise, aidha is adjusting to an ever-increasing number of students who enroll in our programmes each month. We need interns interested in coming up with pragmatic solutions to operational challenges associated with rapid growth. In addition, all of aidha’s classes are taught by trained volunteers, and we encourage interns to play an active role in observing and teaching select classes. Some administrative tasks will also be required.
At aidha, we strongly believe in the power of the entrepreneurial spirit. Interns are encouraged to devote one-third of their time to an independent project of the intern’s choice (to be approved by the Executive Director). Previous projects include new program implementation, SOP development or re-classification, and research projects on the lasting financial habits of our students.
- Duties will be aligned with your education level (Graduate, University)
- Computer and/or technical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work with and build good relationships within a multicultural team and constituency
- Seeking compassionate, systematic, and pragmatic individuals
- Interns should be go-getters and love to take initiative!
- Prior experience or special interest
- Demonstrated interest in international development, microfinance, or migrant worker issues
- Previous experience working with a non-profit or social enterprise an asset, but not required
- Social enterprise interest
* Students should be able to commit to a minimum internship period of three months. Please also take note this is an unpaid and full-time internship.
Application process: Please send your CV with details on your availability for an internship to [email protected]